dental assistant, 1 year (Preferred)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Growing Company! Competitive Pay+ Incentives! Paid Time Off + Holidays! Medical and Dental Benefits! Fun & Challenging Environment with Highly Valued Team Members! Great Career Opportunity!
We’re looking to add team members to our successful private dental practice. As our patients first point of contact, you’ll be the friendly voice of Your Oviedo Dentist, providing exceptional customer service and patient support. We’ll rely on you to listen to our patients and use your real passion for customer service to meet their needs. Because we believe our individual skills, backgrounds, and passions help us pioneer a new kind of dentistry, we’ll train you to be the best. We believe in creating a positive company culture that embraces personal growth, teamwork and high levels of trust among team members. We see a bright future ahead for Your Oviedo Dentist and we look forward to finding the right people to join us on our journey.
JOB TITLE: Dental Assistant EMPLOYER: Your Oviedo Dentist DEPARTMENT: Clinical Team REPORTS TO: Dental Assistant Team Advocate STATISTIC RESPONSIBLE FOR: Doctor Production EFFECTIVE DATE: TBD
SUMMARY: You’re a problem solver and can easily connect with patients! Your ability to multitask allows you to prioritize your time for maximum efficiency. We will train you to become proficient with the latest technology and advancements in the dental field. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Most importantly, you are here to provide the highest level of patient care and an incredible customer experience. You must have the ability to work at least two evenings per week until 7 pm and two Saturdays per month.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Taking digital x-rays & intraoral photos
Fabrication of temporary restorations
Dental lab work and case management
Patient communication via phone calls & texts
Fulfilling patient requests
Presentation of same day & next priority treatment
Handling & processing payments & refunds
Maintaining a full doctor schedule
Documentation in practice management software
Patient tours of the office
Compliance with infection and hazard control protocols as established by OSHA and office standards
Entering & reporting on individual & department statistics
Performs other duties as assigned by management
Required: EFDA Certified
High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
Associate’s Degree (AA) or higher preferred
- Diversity- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect & sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values
- Teamwork- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectively and openness to others views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objective; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Customer Service- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Adaptability- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach to a method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events, commits to modifying work schedule when necessary to reach individual and company’s goals.
- Analytical – Comprehending and interpreting complex or diverse information in regards to patients’ conditions and oral health; Uses intuition and experience to anticipate doctor and patient needs.
- Efficiency- Prioritizes and plans work activities to maximize productivity; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Continuously required to stand
Frequently required to sit
Frequently required to walk
Continually required to talk or hear
Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
Frequently required to work near moving mechanical parts
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 35 lbs
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Frequently exposed to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials
Your Oviedo Dentist is a private dental practice serving the Central Florida community over the last 12 years. Founded in 2007 by Dr. Angel Lopez, Your Oviedo Dentist has grown into a 14 operatory practice with specialties in Periodontics, Cosmetic, and Implant dentistry. Along with Dr. Lopez, we are fortunate enough to employ an outstanding team of associates including 3 general dentists and 1 board-certified periodontist.
We live our mission of “caring for you, so together we can care for others,” every day and we strive to provide an exceptional patient experience at every visit. Our talented team of dental professionals has helped us earn over 2,000 5-star patient reviews, and we were voted #1 in best oral care in Oviedo & Winter Springs for 2017, 2018, and hopefully again in 2019! We’ve created a family-like culture that thrives on setting high goals and achieving them together. We have fun at work and you’ll find that we celebrate wins both big and small.
We have BIG plans for the future and hope to expand into multiple locations over the next 5-10 years and plan to fill all management and leadership positions from within. If you are an accountable, growth-minded individual looking for a long-term career, you will thrive here at Your Oviedo Dentist.
The above is intended to describe the general content of requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Vision Insurance
- Bonus Pay
All team members are given proper PPE including N-95 masks and face shields.
- dental assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- X-ray (Preferred)
- EFDA (Required)
- One location
- General Dentistry
CDA/RDA License Required:
Company's Facebook page:
Work Location: One location
Hiring 2 candidates for this role
Employer reviewed job 6 days ago
Posted 30+ days ago