By John Kelly, Publisher, Orlando Medical News
Full disclaimer: I am a registered independent and the grandson of an immigrant; basically third-generation American. I have lived in Florida 35 years, and value it’s diversity. Seeing the number of multicultural/mixed-race couples and marriages, perspectives, and foods is awesome, and makes the United States GREAT! My wife (an APRN) and I own and publish a niche medical publication. I have published medical publications for the past 16 years and limit my comments to healthcare!
The current situation on our southern border is an absolute “CRISIS” from a Healthcare & Humanitarian perspective. It is not a Liberal/Conservative debate. It is not the “word salad” that Jen Psaki serves the press daily. It is a Healthcare and Humanitarian crisis. Viewing it scientifically:
- Covid 19 in Mexico & Central America per the CDC is Level 4 – Very High. See CDC documentation below:
- Mexico - (https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-mexico) Level 4 - Very High
- Panama - (https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-panama) Level 4 - Very High
- Honduras – (https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-honduras) Level 4 - Very High
- Measles is highly contagious—much more so than COVID-19.
- 2020 Mexico Experienced a Measles Outbreak (https://www.nfid.org/2020/07/16/measles-covid-19-a-dangerous-combination/)
I believe immigration is part of the fabric, that makes the United States Great! Immigration needs to be managed to protect the United States from our enemies. Measles, Mumps, Rubella, and Covid 19 can be bioterrorism and need to be defended against the same as conventional military or cyber-attacks! The US Border Patrol does not have the staff, facilities, or training to manage the current immigration crisis on the southern border. It is inhumane and demands immediate and decisive solutions – turn on your TV or login to your notebook or tablet to judge for yourself.
Under Article II of the Constitution:
- The President is responsible for the execution and enforcement of the laws
- Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States.
It is time for President Biden and his Administration to enforce the Immigration Laws and activate the National Guard and FEMA to protect United States citizens and solve the humanitarian crisis. Anything less is a violation of his sacred oath of office!
John Kelly, Publisher, Orlando Medical News